Monday, April 8, 2013

Greetings from the Mastermind's Sister

Yesterday, my wonderful sister Amanda (the mastermind of this web creation) told me she had created a beauty blog. As a supportive sister, I was excited to follow it, give love to all her posts, and read through her wandering thoughts. As the discussion continued, I mentioned to her that I myself had started a blog long ago; it was a random set of rambling thoughts that I have since deleted. Somehow, it was decided that this could be a lovely sisterly blog where we could provide some fun commentary on the subject of beauty.  After some technological shenanigans and email/password formatting, here I am!

My name is Christina, and it is a pleasure to be here. I'm a 26 year old graduate student who is happily married to the most wonderful man I can imagine. I moved from Arizona to California about three years ago, and while California has its pros and cons, the family (husband and sweet dog) and I enjoy the home we bought here a couple years back. I'm feeling incredibly ready to be done with grad school although I know once I get back into the real working world, I'll be overwhelmed and want to go back to school. But overall, things are good. I'm a lucky girl who is just trying to find a happy path to travel in this world.

On to the beauty, glitz, and glamour...my formality in the beauty world is about a 1 out of 100. I'm no professional, and playing with makeup is simply an enjoyable, whimsical hobby. As Amanda also mentioned, I too do not spend endless amounts of money on products and clothes because lets be honest, who in the real, non-elite, mortgage, bill filled world can afford such things. But in the end, I'm a lover of makeup and the creativity it brings. I love to play with colors and designs and patterns and products, and I must say, I'm often a sucker for the cute packaging. Lets just say releasing me in the makeup aisle is a risky and time consuming move.  I'm actually quite excited to be a part of this project as I've never really had (or taken) the opportunity to do some talking about beauty and its many facets.

A big thank you to my sister for including me on this journey, and I look forward to the writing, creating, and sharing that is soon to come :)


1 comment: